If you are looking for a private rental property your options are to rent directly through a landlord or to go through a letting agent. Letting agents work on behalf of landlords and usually have a large number of properties on their books.
The many benefits to tenants of using a letting agent:
- Save time: rather than spend many weeks trawling through the property sections in local newspapers looking for a suitable home
- By registering with a letting agent you will have access to a larger number of properties
- Agents will be able to show you suitable properties and save you time
- Using a reputable letting agency also gives you peace and mind during viewings
- With an agency you know that you are going to be meeting a professional.
- Tenants will find that letting agents have a tried and tested process for dealing with new tenancies
- They will get all the paperwork sorted as quickly and efficiently as possible so that you can move into your new home as soon as possible
- Letting agents must have an in-depth understanding of all the legalities surrounding rental properties and tenancy agreements, reducing tenants’ risks
- They will be fully versed in tenants’ rights and be able to offer you advice throughout your tenancy
- Another benefit of renting through a letting agency is the peace of mind and security afforded.
- Make sure your agency is accredited to a professional organisation such as the National Landlords Association (NLA)
- This gives you assurance that your tenancy will be professionally managed
- Letting agents associated with the NLA must adhere to a code of practice and offer fair terms and conditions
- By looking for this accreditation, you can be assured that the letting agent is reputable and that you will have security of tenure
Family Homes are letting agents in Sittingbourne. We have been in business for over 28 years and are the leading and largest independent specialists in property lettings and management in the area. If you are looking for a property to rent, we would be happy to help you, so why not contact us