Family Homes provide full management services to landlords for UK based and non-resident landlords, covering all areas and asset types. Our expertise and 28 years experience brings added value to lettings management through a complete service from advice on preparing your affairs and your property, to securing the right tenants and ensuring rent and deposits are properly managed. Our experience in dealing with investment landlords and homeowners means that our services can be tailored to meet your individual needs.
- The first step is to book an appraisal with a member of our team who will arrange to meet you at the property. We will discuss your requirements, provide you with advice on your property’s potential, giving you the necessary information on legislation and discuss the correct rental value of your property, taking into account the current market conditions.
- Once instructed, we will initiate our marketing strategy for your property, keeping you regularly informed of the progress. We will accompany prospective tenants on viewings and we will undertake tenant referencing including affordability check, credit referencing and current employer and existing landlord references.
- Once we have secure positive references and, if and when acceptable all relevant monies will be collected and a date for signing the Tenancy Agreement and a move-in date will be arranged. We will complete an inventory and a schedule of condition will be prepared, including pictures of the property and meter readings, which will be agreed with the new tenant at the check-in. All utility companies and local authorities will be notified of the change of occupier.
Our Full Management Service includes :
- Setting up a Rent Guarantee Insurance including Legal Expenses Indemnity. We believe that in the current rental market Rent Guarantee Insurance and Legal Expenses Indemnity is so vital that we recommend you take this out in order to give you piece mind.
- Marketing your rental on leading property sites including Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Undertake advertising in local newspapers and social media until the property is let.
- Undertake viewings with prospective tenants outside of office hours if required including weekends.
- Undertake full and professional tenant referencing including landlord and employer.
- Arranging necessary Gas Safety check (yearly), Energy Performance Certificate at the start of the marketing process and Electrical Certificate (every 5 years.)
- Timely collection of the rent and the deposit.
- Market arrangement for the Registration and management of tenant deposit.
- Preparation of Tenancy Agreement and all paperwork.
- Negotiating rent and tenancy renewal.
- Preparation of the inventory and schedule of condition including pictures of the property.
- Setting a standing order arrangements for on going rent collection and providing client statements and transferring funds directly to the landlord UK bank account within 7 working days.
- Pursue the tenant for any rent arrears and undertake insurance claim if required.
- Informing and transferring the utilities in the tenant name at the beginning of the tenancy.
- Undertake routine property inspections with pictures and written report.
- Arranging routine repairs and maintenance with contractor or in house maintenance team
- Arranging payment of property related outgoings.
- Providing Emergency contact and tenant assistance when required
- Collection of property security deposit and rent
- Undertaking final closing inspection and tenant check-out.
- Negotiating release of tenant deposit.
- Automatic prompt re advertising
We are always happy to talk to prospective landlords who are considering letting their property.
If you have any questions about our Management Services please feel free to call us on 01795 473434 and speak to one of our Property Managers.